Napelem farm tisztító robot termék fejlesztése
Solar farm cleaning robot product development
Project ID: HU09-0109-A2-2016
Program Operátor/Programme Operator
Szent István Egyetem/ Szent István University
Megvalósítási időszak/Implementation period
2016.05.01. – 2017.04.30./ 1st May 2016 – 30th April 2017
Hazai Projekt Partnerek/National Project Partner
Donor Projekt Partner/Donor Project Partner
SINTEF/Foundation SINTEF; SINTEF Materials and Chemitry
Összköltség / Total budget (EUR)
101 622 601 HUF/ 334 615,08 EUR
EGT/Norvég támogatás összege / EEA/Norwegian Grant (EUR)
73 494 433 HUF/ 241 996,82 EUR
Our aim was to get around the shortcomings of known solar cell cleaning solutions by creating an appliance and elaborating its adequate cleaning methodology that together facilitate the cleaning of solar farms efficiently, with minimal water consumption, by sprinkling watery dilution of an environment-friendly detergent and by wiping the thus wetted surface with microfiber wiping sheets, always using clean wiping material, with energy- and water provision from inner source and moving the appliance without a pre-mounted system, feasible with simple construction and with economical production.
The two main official indicators of project completion were: developing a solar cell-cleaning robot that corresponds to the above description; the quantity of green energy produced as a result of applying the cleaning procedure. Advantages and novelties of the appliance created within the project:
- Energy- and liquid provision is carried out from an inner source, in an autonomous manner.
- Movement of the instrument is assured by moving elements and by an engine.
- Cleaning is not realized by a watery washing process but by softening the pollution with an environment-friendly detergent solution and removing it with a wiping cylinder developed in-house, in a water-saving and efficient process.
- Cleaning is always done with clean, easily replaceable and washable wiping material, water consumption rate is rather favorable, approx. 0,015 l /m2.
- Cleaning is carried out quickly, efficiently and economically (0,5-1 MW / 8 hours).
- Thanks to its autonomy, the robot can also be used at locations that are hardly reachable or that have no water resource.
- The robot requires little space, it is easily transportable and it can be operated with low energy consumption.
- The robot is of simple construction and it can be fabricated economically.
- The robot works even on solar panel rows planted closely to each other (it moves along on the surface of the solar cells).
By using the robot, in case of 2 MW solar cells not cleaned before, average green energy production grows by a minimum of 10 %, that is, 176 MWh (under conditions of solar cell pollution and of irradiation that are typical in Hungary).